Your privacy is important to us.
Trapeze Software Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“Busology”), which provides this Privacy Statement to ensure you understand how your personal data is collected, protected, shared, and used when you engage with Busology. If you have any questions about our practices or how we treat your data, please contact us using the contact details below.
Busology commits to the following principles with respect to your personal information:
· Busology will endeavor to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
· We will never sell, rent, or loan your personal information to third parties for any purpose.
· Your privacy will be respected if we contact you about our products and services; we will always honor your choices about whether and how we contact you.
· You will always have control over whether we may use or share your personal information – including having access to your information.
When does this Privacy Statement Apply?
This Privacy Statement only applies to personal information. Busology may aggregate or process information it collects through its Services in such a way that the information can no longer identify (or be used to identify) any individual. This aggregated data is not personal information, and Busology may use such information for its business purposes at its discretion.
Trapeze will collect, use and may disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; and endeavors to collect as little information as possible as may be necessary under the circumstances.
Please note that aggregated statistics and information, where the identity of a specific individual cannot be identified, is not Personal Information. Trapeze reserves the right to use aggregated information in any manner it determines, in its discretion, to be appropriate. Use of such aggregated information may include, but not be limited to, the preparation of aggregated user statistics and information summaries to improve efficiencies, more effectively describe our product and service offerings, and assist in the marketing of our products and services. Aggregated statistics and information will not contain Personal Information.
What Personal Information Does Busology Collect?
Busology relies on different lawful bases to collect and process your personal information. These bases include collection with your consent (where appropriate), to enable the Busology Services, to operate our business, to meet our legal and contractual obligations, to protect our systems or customers, or to fulfill other legitimate interests. This information is collected in a number of different ways including from you directly, automatically, and on occasion from third party sources. In all cases Busology will only collect and use the minimal amount of personal information required for its purposes.
· Information collected directly from you may include:
· Information you provide so that we may take and fulfill orders from you (addresses, email addresses, contact information, names, shipping information, etc.) or when you register for services or create accounts with us.
· Information you choose to input into our systems or services so that we may track our interactions or complete our transactions with you (billing information, transaction history, feedback you provide).
· Other information you provide to us by directly by filling our webforms, requesting information, engaging with our employees, etc.
When you use our Services or visit our website(s), some information about you may be collected automatically, including:
· Information from your device (IP addresses, geography, browser types and configurations, dates and times of access, website navigation, language, etc.)
We may also obtain information from third parties including customer, membership, or recipient information that we lawfully acquire or license.
Certain forms of information, such as government issued or private sector issued licenses, permits, certificates, cards, in the nature of driver’s licenses, social insurance/security number, passports, insurance cards, voucher numbers, and the like, although convenient for identification, is voluntary. It is up to you whether you want to provide this, or other suitable identification, subject to any legal requirements.
How Does Busology Use Personal Information?
Busology uses the personal information it collects as described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise disclosed to you. Busology only uses your personal information in a way it believes a reasonable person would consider appropriate. For example, Busology may use personal information to:
· Provide and deliver the services to you including as necessary to take and fulfill your orders, to verify your identity, process transactions, deliver products, perform security verifications, and to provide customer support and services, etc. This may include your name, address, email address and other information you provide.
· To enhance your experience and enjoyment while using our products and services. We use data to provide you with information, to better understand your preferences and interests, to recommend products we believe may meet your needs or which you may be interested in, etc. This information may include your history on our site, your order history, how you interact with us, etc.
· To communicate with you about orders, issues, services, questions, etc. we may use your contact information you provide; and
· To maintain the security of our site, to protect against fraud or misconduct, or to protect our platform or other customers. We may also use your personal information to co-operate with law enforcement and legal authorities, where required, to comply with applicable laws and with court orders.
How Does Busology Share Personal Information?
Busology may share personal information it collects as follows:
· Busology may share personal information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors and agents in the course of providing you with our business services, support, or the fulfillment or delivery of our products or services.
· Busology may disclose personal information if we are required to do so a court of competent jurisdiction, other legal or regulatory authority, or, if there is a good faith belief, and reliance on said belief that disclosure is necessary to: comply with any legal process served on Busology; maintain, uphold or protect Busology’s rights or property; protect and ensure the personal safety of the public or other Busology clients; or protect against criminal or quasi-criminal activities, or to detect, prevent, investigate allegations of, or address, misrepresentation or fraud.
· Busology may share personal information in the event of a bankruptcy filing, mergers with third parties, acquisition by third parties, sale of assets (all or partial), or any other transfer of all or substantially all of Busology relevant assets to a third party.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms or other websites (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads and may have different privacy statements that apply to the manner in which they collect, protect, use and share your data.
How Does Busology Protect Personal Information?
Busology endeavors to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to help minimize the risk of any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to our disposal or destruction of personal information. Of course, no system or process of data transmission is completely secure and we cannot guaranty that your personal information will at all times be safe from disclosure. We encourage you at all times to take appropriate precautions to secure your personal information.
We also take all reasonable and appropriate steps to maintain the confidentiality of your personal Information including through the way in which our systems (including our data centers) have been designed to include appropriate security features. Only authorized personnel will ever have access to your personal information and we provide them with training to help ensure your information’s security.
Where is Personal Information Maintained?
Personal information may be stored or processed in any jurisdiction in which we or our affiliates, suppliers, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities or provide Services. By supplying us with personal information, you consent to any transfer of this information to other jurisdictions (including countries which have not been assessed for adequacy of privacy laws).
How Long Does Busology Retain Personal Information?
We keep information only for so long as it is needed for the efficient and effective delivery or fulfillment of the products or services you are using or contemplating using and for a reasonable time thereafter, or to meet any legal requirements. We will either destroy or remove information when it is no longer needed.
Your Choices About Personal Information and How to Contact Us
You may also choose whether to receive promotional communications from us by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain of our products, or to surveys or other informational communications that may have their own unsubscribe methods.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that information. You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising rights set out in the CCPA.
Right to Know: You have a right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you. You also have a right to request additional information about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of such personal information. Please note that we have provided much of this information in this privacy statement.
Right to Request Deletion: The CCPA also provides California residents the right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. These exceptions to deletion include when information is: (1) needed to complete the transaction for which it was collected or to provide goods or services requested by the consumer; (2) used in the context of the business relationship with the consumer; (3) required to perform a contract; (4) used to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, fraudulent or illegal activity; (5) needed to engage in scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest; (6) used solely for internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer; or (7) required to comply with a legal obligation or applicable laws.
Right to Opt-Out: Busology does not sell your data for advertising or any other purposes and has not done so in the past 12 months. This being so, we do not offer an opt-out to the sale of personal data.
Note that although Busology does not and has not sold personal information, we have disclosed personal information for business purpose as described in the “How Does Busology Share Information?” section of this statement. The CCPA defines “business purpose” broadly; and because we use service providers for a number of business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support), in the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose data from each of the categories of personal information that we maintain.
California residents may make requests related to the right to know, a request to delete, or a request for further information about our compliance with the CCPA by e-mailing [email protected]. To provide or delete specific pieces of personal information we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law. We will verify your request by requiring you to provide information necessary to verify your account. Further, you may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Personal Information of Children
Busology is committed to protecting the safety of children. Busology will not knowingly request or use personal information from children under the age of thirteen without parental consent. If Busology receives actual knowledge of such collection Busology will take steps to have such information deleted. The Services Busology provides are not intended for any person under the age of eighteen and any such persons should immediately discontinue use of this website.
Busology may from time to time update this Privacy Statement and will post the updated policy (with its effective date) on the Busology website(s). The use of personal information provided to Busology prior to the update will continue to be governed by the policy in effect at the time the information was provided. We recommend that you revisit this Privacy Statement from time to time and on a regular basis.
Should you have any questions about this Privacy Statement of how Busology treats your personal information, please email [email protected] or direct communication to:
5060 Spectrum Way
Mississauga, ON, L4W 5N5, Canada